Red, White and Blueberry Cheesecake
We decided to post this one a little in advance because if you’re like team Maia, the third time is often the charm when it comes to experimenting with new recipes. Thankfully, this delicious cheesecake recipe is almost as easy as it is patriotic. Wow your July 4th BBQ guests in just a few quick steps! Check out this recipe featured in Connecticut Lifestyles Magazine!
- Any prepared pie crust of your liking. We recommend a whole wheat crust for extra fiber.
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese (must be softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar max (depending on your sweet tooth, you might be able to get away with less to save on some calories)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz vanilla Maia Yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 8 oz fresh strawberries, sliced
- 8 oz fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Slowly beat in Maia yogurt, egg whites, and flour. Do not over beat.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center looks set. Turn off oven and bring cake to room temperature.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
- Watch your BBQ guests’ eyes light up with delight.