Pumpkin Treats You’ll Absolutely Fall For
The air is crisp, the leaves are changing color, and the kids are back in school. Oh, Maia gosh, how wonderful! If you’re a Maia Mom, then the hustle and bustle of summer sure makes you appreciate things when they settle back down. And if you find some extra time on your hands, why not indulge in some delicious treats this season featuring everyone’s favorite fall flavor—Pumpkin! We’ve got everything from pastries to parfaits that’ll leaf you feeling satisfied. Check them out.
You CAN Have Your Cake & Eat It Too
Maia moms care about what they’re putting into their bodies, so enjoy this dessert you absolutely won’t feel guilty for indulging in. If you’re looking for a cheesecake that is low-fat, less–sweet, and packed with vitamins, try the Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake! It will leave you wanting seconds, for sure. Go ahead, you deserve it!
- 1 Wewalka Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat plain Maia Yogurt
- 16 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1-15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out pie crust in a 9″ pie pan. With your hands, crinkle the sides.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients for cheesecake until very smooth. Take a spatula and scrape the sides to ensure that everything is blended.
- Spread cheesecake mixture into pie pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until 2-3 inches of the cheesecake in the center are slightly jiggly like jello but the rest is firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2 hours. Refrigerate to completely cool after 2 hours.
Now, it’s time for you to take a bite into the rich and creamy pumpkin spice flavor. You may not even want to share! (And by the way, you don’t have to.)
Dip? More Like Dive Right In
This next bowl of bliss can be your healthy snack or delicious dessert, you choose! It can be enjoyed with fruit and cookies or eaten on its own. You won’t be able to skip out on this dip! The Pumpkin Spice Greek Yogurt Dip is both sweet and savory.
- 2 cups vanilla Maia Yogurt
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- *Optional* sliced apples and graham crackers
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with sliced fruit, graham crackers or anything else you wish to dip.
This is by far one of the easiest recipes you’ll come across. Take advantage of the kids being at soccer practice or on a play date and whip yourself up this delicious dip.
Say Goodbye to Leftover Pie
It’s crazy to think you’d have some Pumpkin Pie leftover but if you do, try this easy, no bake dessert. Take the rest of that perfect pie, nestle it between layers of protein-packed Maia Yogurt and now you have the Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt Parfait. Here’s a tasty tip: Eat it early in the morning and it’s practically like having dessert for breakfast.
- 6 Tablespoons plain Maia Yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pecans or other nuts, crushed graham crackers, pie crust, or granola
- Maple syrup and cinnamon
- In a small glass or jar, layer about two tablespoons of Maia Yogurt, two tablespoons of pumpkin pie filling, a teaspoon of nuts (or other desired topping).
- Repeat layers, then top with one final layer of yogurt and nuts (or other desired topping).
- If desired, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Voila! You have yourself an easy breakfast, snack, or dessert. Not to mention you’re just fulfilling your sole duty of getting rid of leftovers. It’s admirable, really, plus you get to satisfy any Maia cravings.
This fall season don’t forget to take a deep, refreshing breath, admire the beautiful leaves and, of course, eat as many pumpkin flavored treats as possible! We hope you and your family enjoy these yummy recipes. Who knows, maybe it’ll become a fall family tradition to eat pumpkin pie the morning after Thanksgiving.
If you try any of these recipes out, be sure to tag us on social, @maiayogurt!